here's what we went through 2000 yrs ago!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dodge Power Wagon Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by very old guy on December 30, 1999 at 02:38:56:

> Y Zero K Problem
>
> Translated from Latin scroll dated 2BC
>
> Dear Cassius:
>
> Are you still working on the Y zero K problem? This change from BC to
> AD is giving us a lot of headaches and we haven't much time left. I
> don't know how people will cope with working the wrong way around.
> Having been working happily downwards forever, now we have to start
> thinking upwards. You would think that someone would have thought of
> it earlier and not left it to us to sort it all out at this last minute.
>
> I spoke to Caesar the other evening. He was livid that Julius hadn't
> done something about it when he was sorting out the calendar. He said
> he could see why Brutus turned nasty. We called in Consultus, but he
> simply said that continuing downwards using minus BC won't work and as
> usual charged a fortune for doing nothing useful. Surely, we will not
> have to throw out all our hardware and start again? Macrohard will
> make yet another fortune out of this I suppose.
>
> The money lenders are paranoid of course! They have been told that all
> usury rates will invert and they will have to pay their clients to take
> out loans. Its an ill wind....
>
> As for myself, I just can't see the sand in an hourglass flowing
> upwards. We have heard that there are three wise men in the East who
> have been working on the problem, but unfortunately they won't arrive
> until it's all over.
>
> I have heard that there are plans to stable all horses at midnight at
> the turn of the year as there are fears that they will stop and try to
> run backwards, causing immense damage to chariots and possible loss of
> life. Some say the world will cease to exist at the moment of
> transition. Anyway, we are still continuing to work on this blasted Y
> zero K problem. I will send a parchment to you if anything further
> develops.
>
> If you have any ideas please let me know,
>
> Plutonius

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Dodge Power Wagon Forum ] [ FAQ ]